Exercise Benefits / Facts
This exercise served as an opportunity for owners and managers of businesses, non-profit organizations and government agencies along with their employees to learn how to become better prepared for INFLUENZA PANDEMIC. Functioning collectively within their workplace environment, business owners, managers and employees planned and prepared for, responded to and recovered from a significant influenza pandemic.
The following organizations undertook the coordination of this very unique disaster learning opportunity.
- Big Bend Community Organizations Active in Disaster
- Capital Medical Society
- Capital Region Chapter of the Association of Contingency Planners
- Capital Area Chapter of the American Red Cross
- City of Tallahassee
- Florida Department of Financial Services
- Greater Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- Leon County
- Leon County Health Department
- Leon County Sheriff’s Office – Division of Emergency Management
- United Partners for Human Service
A new strain of influenza virus is discovered in a small village in southern China. Over the next 60 days this virus has traveled around the globe launching a deadly influenza pandemic.
The Outbreak Anarchy Tabletop Exercise was held on the morning of September 16, 2009, at Good Shepherd Catholic Church in Tallahassee Florida.