The Caduceus Shield Exercise Initiative is designed to provide meaningful exercise opportunities to America’s health systems.
|America’s Health Systems
Caduceus Shield Exercise Components
These exercises provide a comprehensive approach for assessing various disaster preparedness, response and recovery capabilities.
The initiative is designed to provide an opportunity for health providers and agencies across America to participate in a meaningful exercise with measurable outcomes.
Caduceus Shield Benefits
- Choice of exercise component that best aligns with your organization’s health care responsibilities.
- All exercises are Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) compliant.
- Alternative to the traditional time consuming and costly approach to conducting tabletop and functional exercises.
- Provides a cost-effective platform for assessing disaster related capabilities and capacity.
- Meets grant funding expenditure requirements for exercises.
- Exercises are conducted via the ONX System, an internet based application, which allows individuals and teams to participate in an exercise from their normal base of operation.
Hospital Active Shooter
Hospital Active Shooter Exercise Series. The potential of an armed assault occurring at anyone of the country’s 5,754 hospitals is a real one. The Sickbay Security – An Active Shooter Response Exercise and the Medical Mayhem – An Active Shooter Consequence Management Exercise are designed to provide an opportunity for hospital management and staff along with a hospital’s emergency response partners to work through the myriad of challenges associated with responding to and recovering from such an event.
Public Health Disaster Recovery
This series of exercises will serve as an opportunity for public health agencies along with their local community partners to collaborate in meeting the health care needs of victims while re-establishing community health systems in the aftermath of a disaster.
Point of Dispensing
Point of Dispensing Functional Exercise Series. The Operation POD Squad and the Dispensing Dilemma Exercises will provide an opportunity for public health agencies throughout the United States to assess their current capabilities to open and manage and PODs during a public health emergency.
Evacuation Endeavor – A Health Care Center Exercise At any point during a normal work day health care center staff along with the center’s clients / patients could be called upon to safely evacuate the building. In light of this threat it is essential that community, rural and tribal health care centers fully understand the proper actions that need to be taken in the event of a commercial fire.