The Campus Shield Exercise Initiative is designed to provide meaningful exercise opportunities to educational systems.
|America’s Education Systems
Campus Shield Exercise Components
These exercises provide a comprehensive approach for assessing various disaster preparedness, response and recovery capabilities.
The initiative is designed to provide an opportunity for school districts, community colleges and universities across America to participate in a meaningful exercise with measurable outcomes.
Campus Shield Benefits
- Choice of exercise component that best aligns with your organization’s health care responsibilities.
- All exercises are Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) compliant.
- Alternative to the traditional time consuming and costly approach to conducting tabletop and functional exercises.
- Provides a cost-effective platform for assessing disaster related capabilities and capacity.
- Meets grant funding expenditure requirements for exercises.
- Exercises are conducted via the ONX System, an internet based application, which allows individuals and teams to participate in an exercise from their normal base of operation.
Alerting Anxiety – A Campus Notification Exercise This exercise will serve as an opportunity for college / university public safety and emergency management staff to work through scenario information and injects dealing with activating your institution’s emergency notification system.
There is NO CHARGE to participate in this unique exercise which includes a Campus Active Shooter Incident scenario.
College Conflagration – A College / University COOP Tabletop Exercise The purpose of this exercise is to provide an opportunity for institutions of higher education to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of their Continuity of Operations Plan.