Exercise Benefits / Facts
This exercise served as an opportunity for neighborhood leaders and residents to learn how to become better prepared for an INFLUENZA PANDEMIC. Working together in a simulated neighborhood environment, residents planned and prepared for and responded to a significant influenza pandemic.
The following organizations undertook the coordination of this very unique disaster learning opportunity.
- Big Bend Community Organizations Active in Disaster
- Capital Medical Society
- Capital Region Chapter of the Association of Contingency Planners
- Capital Area Chapter of the American Red Cross
- City of Tallahassee
- Florida Department of Financial Services
- Leon County
- Leon County Health Department
- Leon County Sheriff’s Office – Division of Emergency Management
- Tallahassee / Leon County Council of Neighborhood Associations
A new strain of influenza virus is discovered in a small village in southern China. Over the next 60 days this virus traveled around the globe launching a deadly influenza pandemic.
The Pandemic Pandemonium Tabletop Exercise was held on the morning of October 17, 2009, at Good Samaritan United Methodist Church in Tallahassee Florida.