Exercise Benefits / Facts
Tweet information on this exercise to your followers.
This exercise will serve as an opportunity for the community, rural and tribal Healthcare Centers to assess their ability to support the functional and medical needs of individuals residing in an evacuation shelter before, during and after a category 2 hurricane.
The purpose of this exercise is to enhance the knowledge of Healthcare Center staff in regards to emergency shelter support operations. At the same time the staff will assess their current capabilities to meet the functional and medical needs of shelter residents via a series of informational scenarios and injects.
During the exercise Healthcare Centers will have the opportunity to:
- Identify and assign Healthcare Center staff to support the Shelter’s Healthcare Team.
- Identify potential roles and responsibilities for the Healthcare Center staff members assigned to the Shelter’s Healthcare Team.
- Provide assistance to individuals with functional and / or medical needs as a member of the Shelter’s Healthcare Team.
- Maintain required paperwork to support a FEMA reimbursement request for direct expenses associated with providing assistance to sheltered evacuees.
Caduceus Shield Exercise Initiative
The Considerate Clinical Care – A Special Needs Shelter Support Tabletop Exercise is part of the national Caduceus Shield Exercise Initiative.
Local Mass Care organizations and agencies responsible for operating shelters have mobilized and activated a special medical needs shelter due to an approaching hurricane. The lead Mass Care organization has contacted the Center’s management requesting assistance in staffing the shelter with the Center’s management and staff.
The Center has agreed to help and begins to mobilize its staff and medical resources.
Your Healthcare Center can participate in this exercise for $600.
For information about participating in this exercise please complete an Information Request Form. Upon completing the form you will be contacted and provided with additional information.
Once your Healthcare Center is approved it will appear on the list of participating healthcare centers.
|Exercise Date||Exercise Time||Scenario||Exercise
|Location / Participation *|
|Individual participant registration CLOSES at 12:00PM ET on the day prior to the exercise||Tweet|
|September 14, 2018||9:00AM – 4:00PM ET
|Special Medical Needs Shelter||Register Now **||From a conference room or similar location via the ONX System as part of your Healthcare Center’s Incident Management Team|
* Everyone who will be participating in the exercise must register for the following reasons:
** Prior to registering you should make sure that your healthcare center is on the list of approved participating healthcare centers.